Photonic Science Expertise
Manufacturer of Scientific, Industrial & Defence cameras and systems covering the range of X-ray, visible & NIR and neutron detection.
The camera technology offered is wide ranging, from the latest CCD, sCMOS and SWIR sensors to X-ray and intensified cameras and Laue diffraction systems.
10,000 square foot facility in St Leonards on Sea, UK. Dedicated manufacturing, test and clean room facilities.
We deliver a cost effective appropriate camera solutions with selected components from concept, prototyping to volume manufacturing including complete turnkey solutions involving cameras / illumination source / optics / environmental housing and software.
Customized firmware for application specific development.
Mechanical and optical design made to OEM specifications.
Size, weight, power and cost optimization. for volume production
RoHS /ESD/ IOS compliance.
Environmental testing (shock, vibration and temperature cycling).
MilSpec standard compliance.
Sony ICX 285, 674, 69.
On Semi 11M and 16M pixels CCDs, 36x24 mm.
BAE/Fairchild sCMOS (6.5 µm and 5 µm pixel HD, plus 2kx2k).
Gpixel sCMOS (2k x 2k and 4k x 4k).
TI 1k x 1k and 640x480, and On Semi HD EMCCDs.
SWIR sensors 640x512 and 320x256, 15 and 25 µm pixels.
Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) Design
Developed and refined over the last three decades, PSEL have strong in-house capabilities and facilities to develop our own FPGA (Field Programmable Gate Array) firmware designs for camera control, data acquisition and image processing. We make use of both schematic capture and VHDL methodology to design, test and implement complex control and image processing algorithms.
In addition, tasks not requiring dedicated FPGA hardware, such as serial communication, are implemented using embedded processors also integrated within the FPGA design. Code is then developed for these processors using an embedded C environment.
Camera Design Capabilities
• Fiber optic coupling to large area CCD and sCMOS /CMOS sensors.
• Mosaic fibre optic tiling.
• Scinitillator / coating deposition.
• Low noise analogue proximity electronics including remote head design.
• Digital processing / programming using latest generation FPGAs.
• Genicam compliant interface, Camera Link interface.
• Environmental testing (shock, vibration and temperature cycling).
• Customized firmware for application specific development.
• Mechanical and optical design made to OEM specifications.
• Size, weight, power and cost optimization.
• RoHS /ESD/ IOS compliance.
• MilSpec standard compliance.
• Extension warranty available.